User: Guest  Login
Document type:
journal article 
Author(s):
Bajbouj, M; Becker, V; Neuber, M; Schmid, RM; Meining, A 
Title:
Combined pH-metry/impedance monitoring increases the diagnostic yield in patients with atypical gastroesophageal reflux symptoms. 
Abstract:
BACKGROUND: Globus sensations, hoarseness and chronic cough are suggested to be atypical manifestations of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). The aim of the study was to investigate whether combined pH-metry and multichannel intraluminal impedance monitoring increases the diagnostic yield. METHODS: 41 patients with atypical GERD symptoms were included in the study. Globus sensation was the dominant symptom in 23 patients (56.1%). The remaining 18 patients (43.9%) complained mainly about hoa...    »
 
Journal title abbreviation:
Digestion 
Year:
2007 
Journal volume:
76 
Journal issue:
3-4 
Pages contribution:
223-8 
Language:
eng 
Print-ISSN:
0012-2823 
TUM Institution:
II. Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik